1) Create 6,000 new jobs for our young people, including the building of 700 new homes.
2) Bring forward big capital projects such a school buildings and infrastructure improvements for which money is already ear marked for this Parliament.
3) Reverse the Tory’s disastrous VAT rise, which has flatlined demand and crippled local business. This would put £450 back into households with kids.
4) Cut VAT on home improvements to 5% for a year.
5) Give up to 60,000 businesses a National Insurance tax break to encourage them to employ our young people.
THIS CAN BE FUNDED BY A 1% INCREASE ON THE BANK BONUS TAX LEVY WHICH ONLY APPLIES TO BANKERS TAKING BONUSES OF MORE THAN £100K